Things to take with you:
- Good shoes for walking (In particular, please don’t wear slippers, high heels or similar.)
- In case of bad weather: A raincoat
08:00 — 09:30: Travel to Linz
The meeting point is at 08:00 in front of the LFS. Please be on time as the train will not wait for us!
We will walk from the LFS (dormitory) to the train station Vöcklabruck, from where we will take the train to Linz (IC 547, 08:54 — 09:28).
09:30 — 10:00: Walk through inner city
Through the beautiful inner city of Linz we will walk to the Ars Electronica Center. The route can be seen on the right side.
10:00 — 13:00: Ars Electronica Center
- New Views of Humankind: An exhibition of various robots, such as for example the therapeutic robot seal Paro, smart prosthetic limbs and implants, and brain computer interfaces.
- Deep Space 8K: A 16 by 9 meters wall and 16 by 9 meters floor projection, laser tracking and 3-D animations at 8K resolution.
- Out of Control — What the Web Knows about You: Various insights into the world of data mining.
- … and many more.
We will get guided tours through the exhibitions in German and English.
13:00 — 15:00: Reception in the Landhaus
After the visit to the Ars Electronica Center, we walk to the Landhaus (seat of the federal state parliament of Upper Austria), where we will be welcomed by some representatives of the government.
|13:00||Walk to Landhaus|
|13:15||Arrival at Landhaus
Meet with camera team of Bildungs TV
15:00 — 17:45: Tours through Landhaus and Höhenrausch
We will split into two groups to visit the following two locations:
(One group goes first to the Landhaus at 15:00 and then to Höhenrausch at 16:30, and the other group does it in the opposite order.)
A guided tour through the Landhaus building that was built between 1568 and 1658 and is now seat of the federal state parliament of Upper Austria.
An art project where the visitor walks on wooden bridges high above the roofs of the city. (See photo.)
17:45 — 19:30: Travel back to Vöcklabruck
The meeting point is at 17:45 in front of the Höhenrausch. Please be on time as the train will not wait for us!
We will walk to the train station Linz, from where we will take the train to Vöcklabruck (IC 742, 18:32 — 19:04).
In Vöcklabruck we walk back to the LFS (dormitory), where we get dinner at 19:45.